There’s really nothing like coming home after a long day at work or wrangling kids and treating yourself to a nice, long soak in the tub. At ZŪR Organics, it’s one of our favorite ways to rest and reset — after all, it’s important to work some “me time” into even the busiest schedules.
A fizzy, fragrant CBD-infused bath bomb is one way to make bath time even more special.
What are CBD Bath Bombs?
Bath bombs were originally created in 1989 and are a hard-packed combination of bicarbonate (kind of like Alka Seltzer), essential oils and other moisturizing ingredients. They’re stable when dry, but when exposed to warm bath water, they begin to bubble and disintegrate, releasing their ingredients into the water. The result? An effervescent, soothing concoction that’s perfect for washing the day away.
Bath bombs are great on their own — but CBD oil provides additional benefits. When infused into bath bombs, it offers an even more rejuvenating experience. Advantages of using an infused bath bomb include:
- Moisturizing and nourishing – CBD oil offers hydrating and nourishing benefits for the skin, leaving it feel soft and refreshed after a soak!
- Combatting acne – CBD oil has been studied for its ability to regulate sebum production (the oil that creates acne). A study from 2014 discovered CBD helps prevent over-active sebum production.
- Antimicrobial benefits – The proposed antimicrobial effects of CBD oil certainly also play a role in acne reduction. It may also be beneficial in addressing other skin issues.
Of course, more research is warranted to fully understand the benefits of CBD in bath bombs.
How to Choose the Right CBD Bath Bomb
Myriad companies boast the best CBD bath bombs. So, how do you choose what’s best for you and your precious self-care routine?
- Step 1 – Decide what aroma you’re looking for. Options range from sweet and fruity to herbaceous and refreshing. Check out what essential oils the bath bomb contains to get an idea for what your tub (and, afterward, your skin!) will smell like.
- Step 2 – Shop with reputable CBD companies. Unfortunately, many brands make misleading health claims or mislabel their products. Without due diligence, you could end up with a bath bomb that contains no CBD at all (despite what the packaging says). We call that a bath bummer. Reputable CBD companies partner with a third-party lab to test products and make results readily available for customers to review. After all, you should know exactly what you’re paying for!
- Step 3 – Review the ingredient list. Some bath bombs contain things like dried flower petals or glitter, which isn’t everyone’s jam. You might also prefer GMO-free or vegan products, or bath bombs made with organic ingredients.
- Step 4 – Check to see if the bath bomb contains broad-spectrum or full-spectrum CBD. Full-spectrum CBD contains all cannabinoids, including THC — even in trace amounts. Broad-spectrum, on the other hand, contains a wide range of cannabinoids but omits the THC. If you want to avoid THC, go the broad-spectrum route.
ZŪR Organics crafts bath bombs with 100mg of premium, broad-spectrum CBD oil to achieve your self-care goals. In addition to this higher-than-average dose of CBD, we use non-GMO, vegan ingredients, and choose organic when possible.
Ready to turn on the tap? Shop our CBD Bath Bombs now.